The Regulatory committee is responsible for a range of functions, including:
· Exercising the Council’s full remit of licensing functions (with the exception of the Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005;
· Food premises and the Food Law Enforcement Plan;
· The Environmental Protection Act and associated regulations;
· Recommending the setting and adoption of policies relating to Taxi and private hire;
· The granting of Public Space Protection Orders.
A full list of functions are listed in part 4 of the Constitution.
The committee has 9 members, and is scheduled to meet 4 times a year at the rising of Licensing Committee.
The Committee’s Full Terms of Reference can be viewed in the Constitution.
Support officer: James Welbourn. Democratic and Civic Officer