Venue: Council Chamber - The Guildhall. View directions
Contact: James Welbourn 01427676595
Note: Subject to Call-in. Call in will expire on Thursday 3 May at 5pm
The Chairman welcomed all those present to the second concurrent meeting of the Prosperous Communities Committee and Corporate Policy and Resources Committee.
Members' Declarations of Interests
Members may make any declarations at this point but may also make them at any time during the course of the meeting.
There were no declarations of interest made at this stage.
Please note the procedure to be taken by the concurrent committee as agreed by the Governance Audit Committee at its meeting on 16 January 2018.
In light that the Committees were running in a concurrent format for the evening, the Chairman briefly summarised the procedure which had been adopted and which was attached to the agenda, making particular reference to the way in which votes would be cast.
RESOLVED that the Procedure be noted.
To approve the minutes from the meeting held on 6 February 2018.
(a) Concurrent Meeting of the Prosperous Communities Committee and Corporate Policy and Resources Committee– 6 February 2018
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the Concurrent Meeting of the Prosperous Communities Committee and Corporate Policy and Resources Committee held on 6 February 2018 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Exclusion of the Public and Press
To resolve that under Section 100 (A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
RESOLVED that under Section 100 (A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
Procurement of a Development Partner for West Lindsey District Council: Final Tender
Members gave consideration to a report which provided details of the bids received at the “Invite to Submit Final Tender” (ISFT) stage of the process, and of the evaluation process.
The report further sought authorisation from Members, for Officers to notify bidders of the outcome of the procurement process, and following the required 10 day standstill period, to enter into a binding agreement with the successful bidder for the delivery of the project.
The Executive Director of Commercial and Economic Growth addressed Committee and in doing so advised the following: -
· The Council had received compliant bids from both Participants at ISFT.
· Members had at their previous meeting on 6 February 2018 received full presentations on the contents of both bids together with an explanation of how both bids complied with the Council’s brief, when considering the ISDS stage of the process.
· Participants had been required to not depart from their ISDS responses at Final Tender stage, but had been requested to review, optimise and re-submit their financial solution.
· The ISFT submissions had now been evaluated and a high level comparison was set out in Table 1 of the report, together with the respective final scores for each submission
· For the avoidance of the doubt the sites and proposals which would be included at Phase 1 of the Project were outlined clearly to Members. Full information in respect of this was contained at Section 3 of the report and in table 5. It was indicated that the Executive Director of Resources would address the Committee later to advise on the funding which would be required.
· Confirmation of the sites / projects previously considered for potential inclusion in Phase 1, but not now going forward was also provided to Members and the reasons for this explained.
· Recommendation 5 related to the working up of detailed proposals for sites to be taken forward as part of Phase 2. The proposed governance arrangements, for achieving such were set out in figure 1 of the report. There was a commitment to appraise, via “agreed viability test” by October a number of further sites and these were again outlined clearly to Members.
In concluding her presentation the Executive Director of Commercial and Economic Growth, outlined to Members the next stages of the process and an indicative timeline should Members be minded to approve the proposals put forward for consideration.
The Executive Director of Resources then addressed Committee and firstly thanked all Officers involved for their work on the Project. For the avoidance of doubt, he provided Members with further clarification on: -
· the funding from the Council which would need to be released for Phase 1 schemes and how this would be used if Members agreed the proposals
· the potential financing options which would be considered within the delegation afforded (if agreed)
· the level of capped returns being offered; and
· the proposed terms of any financing arrangements
Debate ensued and Members asked a number of pertinent questions and sought assurance on a number of matters. ... view the full minutes text for item 11.