The Licensing committee is responsible for:
· exercising the Council’s functions as a licensing authority so far as required or permitted by the Licensing Act 2003;
· recommending the setting and adoption of the Statement of Licensing Policy to the Council;
· exercising the Council’s functions as licensing authority under the Gambling Act 2005;
· recommending the setting and adoption of the Gambling Policy to the Council;
· making arrangements for any hearing in relation to the above responsibilities.
The committee has 11 members, and is scheduled to meet 4 times a year.
The Licensing Committee Terms of Reference can be viewed in the Constitution.
Support officer: James Welbourn. Democratic and Civic Officer